Malini Agarwal is the Founder of MissMalini Media, a leading news media network that creates high-value, multi-platform content geared towards India’s Internet Generation. Malini pioneered Indian lifestyle blogging with MissMalini.com, today’s go-to digital destination for all things Bollywood, Fashion and Lifestyle.
Here is Fitnglam Magazine editorial team’s candid interview session with very dynamic Malini Agarwal.
1. Explain Malini Agarwal in One word ?
Malini : Enthu – Cutlet
2. One thing you always travel with ?
Malini : Hoodie
3. Last thing you Googled ?
Malini: Some good news India.
4. Biggest Pinch Me Moment ?
Malini: Dancing with Madhuri Dixit and when Peter Andre kissed my cheek.
5. Fashion tip ?
Malini: keep it comfortable.
6. Favourite Bollywood Movie ?
Malini: Andaaz Apna Apna
7. Favourite shopping place ?
Malini: Virtual Shopper so world wide web.
8. Best thing in the wardrobe ?
Malini: Currently comfortable PJs !
9. Favourite Fragrance ?
10. Favourite fashion/style quote ?
Malini: “Don’t be into trends. Don’t make fashion own you, but you decide what you are, what you want to express by the way you dress and the way to live.” —Gianni Versace.
Get to know more about Malini , in a detailed discussion .
1. Take us back to your beginnings and how it lead to the opportunity to start your foundation as a businesswomen.
Malini : I honestly had no idea I would become an entrepreneur one day. But looking back I see how my career trajectory led me here and gave me the skills I needed to do what I do! I jumped from being a professional dancer to digital channel head at MTV to radio and writing a column in Midday to channel v to blogging full time. My column in Midday was definitely my foray into entertainment journalism and radio taught me how to really connect with people through media, I took that same style to my blog!
2. If you weren’t a businesswoman, what would you want to do?
Malini : I was thinking about becoming a criminal lawyer for a long time because my sister is a lawyer too, but my parents thought it might be too dangerous!
3. When you’re not busy, what are some of your favorite things to do?
Malini : I love to see my friends, go dancing, throw game night parties and play pool. I also love making puzzles to destress and binge-watching my favorite shows.
4. How do you create a balance between work & life?
Malini : I don’t! I think my work and play really blend into each other, so for me it’s more work-life integration than work-life balance. Since my husband, Nowshad Rizwanullah is also the CEO at MissMalini Entertainment we tend to live and breathe the business 24/7 but we both enjoy it!
5. You have a big fan following on Instagram, whats the one key which helped you to build it up?
Malini :Authenticity and engagement. You get as much as you give, this is true of likes and comments too!
6. You are a Entrepreneur, Influencer, Author and Host, How do you manage all this , how do you keen your views intact?
Malini: No two days of my life are alike, so I am able to include all the things I enjoy and feel I am good at together through my work. My book is about social media, where a majority of my work happens, and that tied into being an influencer as well. The whole thing comes under the umbrella of a business so its like different elements of one delicious dish!
7. Do you have any advice for those who look upon you as a Role model?
Malini : If I can do it, you can do it too! Remember the most important thing is to try, it is ok to fail. I’ve made my mistakes too, many of them! But as long as you are enjoying your life, work, and play, you’re doing it right. As soon as you find any of it overwhelming or something that is making you more anxious than happy, reevaluate. The purpose of your life is to be happy, remember that!
8. What’s the secret behind MissMalini empire?
Malini : An exceptional team with a golden heart. I believe it is the people who make the business and my people are all rockstars. They hustle hard and are all connected by one common thread – positivity!
Social Connects :